Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Purpose

I am sure this will evolve as I grow in Christ but this is my personal mission/vision statement. I think it gives insight as to where I am at right now and where I long to be.

I value my relationship with God, family and mankind. I will let the word of God dwell richly in me so Christ may shine to those around me. I am called to transform myself through the word of God, serve others and help lead them through the transformation process.

•I will live each day with peace and joy and not in fear. I will do this through worship, prayer and scripture study.

•I want to be effectual and faithful in using my spiritual gifts. His hands will be my hands, his feet will be my feet, his eyes will be eyes, his voice will be my voice, his heart my heart, his love my love.

My Life Scriptures:

Matthew 16:26 - What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew: 22:37 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

John 13:34-25 - A new command I give you, Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Romans 15:7 - Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Lamentations 3:22-23 - The Lord's love never ends; His mercies never stop. They are new every morning.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And you shall seek me with your whole heart and find me.

2 Peter 1:5-8 - For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

0 comments:

Leah's Other Blog

My "other" blog is more about day to day life with my husband and kids and rants and raves about a variety of subjects. Hope on over.

About This Blog

About Leah
My Purpose

Blog Header Credits:
designed by Kathleen Summers
products by Shabby Princess


Copyright Notice

Copyright 2009. The text and images on this blog are the sole property of the author. Any use or reproduction of anything contained herein without written consent of the author is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.

Followers

Shiny Stat


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP