Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 49

The word clearly says there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1 NIV). We’ve all broken the moral law of God. We are all incapable of keeping it. But Jesus has set me free when He died on the cross for me. This is active not passive. He is actively setting me free from the snares and darkness of this world.

Oh my Lord - you mercy overwhelms me. I run to You - where I belong. This world holds no allure for me. The rose colored glasses are removed and I see who I am without You. That is not someone that I want to be. I am so thankful that you are my Lord and Savior. Everyday I will be thankful and remember that there is now NO condemnation from the past, present or future. Jesus paid my debt in full.

I keep thinking about my friends and family. I have a husband who has an amazing testimony of being released from drug addiction among other things. Its been over 15 years. He readily shares his testimony and God uses it mightily.

Another friend had an abortion as a teenager and went on to share her story with others and now has three beautiful children.

Another friend had an affair, but God restored her marriage after she went to her husband and asked for forgiveness.

I could go on and on. I've been the one to tell others to not walk in shame and to not the enemy destroy their future by keeping them in the past. It was all lip-service as I did hide in shame. The enemy beat me up on a daily basis. Thus rather than deal with the heart of the matter I simply did. I struggled internally but did work for God externally. But there was not a deep abiding relationship with God. Until now. The past really is the past. It's not who I am today and I would wage to say that most people who really know me might be shocked about my past but they wouldn't close the door to me. Because they know me. And because God walks before me. He covers me.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. That means ME. No condemnation. NONE. Zilch. Nada. Zip. None.

Today's Reflection: Lord I know that eventually you'll have me share my story. That used to terrify me. I used to literally shake and cry and fight against it. But today I am not scared. Today I am at peace and that fear has been swept away. It lurks trying to trap me but it cannot. You have delivered me. I long to be used by You and to have You glorified in my life. I need Your love more than I need someone else's acceptance. You are my very reason for existing. I am rooted in Your love and mercy and in Your mercy I find rest. I will walk in truth. I will not be afraid. Your truth will be a banner before me. Thank you Lord.

1 comments:

The Boyd Gang November 19, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you FREE!" John 8:32

You are FREE Leah because you know the truth. I am so glad that you no longer live in fear and have embraced God's forgiveness! You are a beautiful Godly woman with so much to offer to others. It was such a wonderful feeling when I finally shared my story and I know it will be for you.

Leah's Other Blog

My "other" blog is more about day to day life with my husband and kids and rants and raves about a variety of subjects. Hope on over.

About This Blog

About Leah
My Purpose

Blog Header Credits:
designed by Kathleen Summers
products by Shabby Princess


Copyright Notice

Copyright 2009. The text and images on this blog are the sole property of the author. Any use or reproduction of anything contained herein without written consent of the author is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.

Followers

Shiny Stat


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP