Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 76

The precious life is passing by at such a fast rate that it makes my head spin and I feel as if I cannot catch my breath much less do everything I want to do. I want to slow it down but I can't. I've lived for so long dreaming of the perfect future that I have missed the perfect now. I no longer want to live dreaming about the future. My life is not a future event. What am I doing with my life now that will last forever? What is my labor for? Where is my hope? My time is going to eventually end. My days are numbered. What do I want to hear when I get to heaven? I want to know I did what God told me to do. I want to testify about the light. I want to engage the darkness FEARLESSLY and to live on purpose.

Today's Reflection:
Live on purpose. What a concept. When I heard Matt Chandler say it I almost didn't catch it but the Holy Spirit quickened me to pause and rewind the podcast and I heard it again. Live on purpose. Lord I want to live on purpose. I want to live each day cherishing this gift of life I've been given. I want to live fearlessly and engage the darkness that long chained me for so long. I wish someone had relationally engaged the darkness with me and helped me through it - discipling me, living life with me. I cannot change that. The past is what it is. But I can learn from it. I can recover and be renewed and help someone else through their own darkness. The enemy cannot win if we engage the darkness. Lord teach me to live on purpose.

0 comments:

Leah's Other Blog

My "other" blog is more about day to day life with my husband and kids and rants and raves about a variety of subjects. Hope on over.

About This Blog

About Leah
My Purpose

Blog Header Credits:
designed by Kathleen Summers
products by Shabby Princess


Copyright Notice

Copyright 2009. The text and images on this blog are the sole property of the author. Any use or reproduction of anything contained herein without written consent of the author is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.

Followers

Shiny Stat


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP