Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 15

The enemy is really at work. Well, he probably was always at work in my life and I just didn't notice. Or perhaps he wasn't bothered by me so he left me alone. Ouch. Who knows. Either way he's at work now. He obviously has a plan but I am confident that God's plan is supreme. It always amazes me that the enemy doesn't realize that. He's fighting a losing battle.

My heavenly Father sees what the enemy is up to. He's allowed it but won't allow me to be destroyed. I will not be alienated from God. In my solitude I find serenity. When I think of serenity I automatically think of the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference


My peace will not be fractured by my circumstance or environment. It will not be fractured. I cannot change my current circumstances. They are what they are. All I can change is my reaction to them. And I choose to react in faith that God has a plan even if I can't see it yet.

I will NOT be destroyed by anxiety or fear. The word says that God didn't give me a spirit of fear but or power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Another version says: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. Lord I discipline my thoughts and choose not to live in fear but to live in Your love and in Your power and with a sound mind.

I will be honest and say I am tired of it all. I am ready for literal rest. But I am finding that there is a different rest in God that completely sustains me even when my mind, body and soul are weary.

I am sustained in the knowledge that God has a purpose for me. A plan to prosper me and not to harm me. The devil may be at work but God's work is HUGE in comparison. I lean on the word that says no weapon formed against me shall prosper. (Isaiah 54:17).

Today's Reflection: It's a long journey Lord, but each new day with You is a gift. I am figuring out that life without conflict or problems isn't necessarily a life of peace. I've had that but still felt empty. But right now in the midst of amazing turmoil and stress, Your peace literally sustains me. It doesn't make my circumstances perfect but it does quieten and discipline my mind. It sustains me on such a great level that the chaos in the world around me no longer fractures my spirit. I am centered on a peace that comes from God alone.

2 comments:

Allison October 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Amen Girl - I'm standing with you.

Courtney (Women Living Well) October 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I just happened to be on line when you posted on Mom Bloggers Club so I clicked over to check this out. It's a beautiful journal of your time with God - thank you for sharing - this is a perfect example of how to walk daily with our King - thank you for your transparency and God bless!
Courtney

Leah's Other Blog

My "other" blog is more about day to day life with my husband and kids and rants and raves about a variety of subjects. Hope on over.

About This Blog

About Leah
My Purpose

Blog Header Credits:
designed by Kathleen Summers
products by Shabby Princess


Copyright Notice

Copyright 2009. The text and images on this blog are the sole property of the author. Any use or reproduction of anything contained herein without written consent of the author is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.

Followers

Shiny Stat


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP